Since 2000 the protection Council has used seven follow-up resolutions to reinforce the part of females in ensuring comfort and safety.
- Quality 1820 (2008) condemns intimate physical violence as a tool of war and declares rape as well as other kinds of intimate physical physical violence as war crimes.
- Quality 1888 (2009) mandates peacekeeping missions to stop and react to violence that is sexual armed conflict, and establishes the positioning for the Unique Representative on Sexual Violence in Armed Conflict.
- Quality 1889 (2009) on increasing ladies' involvement in comfort procedures.
- Quality 1960 (2010) centers on closing impunity for intimate physical physical violence in armed conflict.
- Quality 2106 (2013) recognises that intimate physical violence incompatible may also influence males and guys plus the community that is whole.
- Quality 2122 (2013) reaffirms the protection Council's dedication to the utilization of quality 1325.
- Quality 2242 (2015) centers on russian brides the security that is changed and relates to a quantity of guidelines made based on the international research; the Security Council guarantees to incorporate resolution 1325 more into its day-to-day work.
Estonia supports the utilization of quality 1325 and it is a co-sponsor of the follow-up resolutions 1820, 1888 and 2242.
This year, Estonia adopted the action that is first to implement quality 1325 in Estonia in 2010-2014 (PDF) , with an intention of designating and systemizing Estonia’s tasks about the sex aspect on worldwide missions and within development help along with increasing the society’s information about the matter.
Estonia’s 2nd action plan for 2015-2019 (PDF) focuses in the enhancement of women’s situation in conflict and post-conflict regions also increasing the awareness and improving cooperation and interaction. Of their particular competence, the action plan may be implemented because of the Ministry of Education and analysis, the Ministry of Defence, the Ministry for the Interior, the Ministry of personal Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Defence League, while the Naiskodukaitse (Women`s Voluntary Defence Organization) that engage in close co-operation with civil culture organisations, organizations of advanced schooling, and research organizations.
As well as the UN and Member States, numerous worldwide and local organisations, such as the European Union (EU), the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), the company for Security and Co-operation in European countries (OSCE) will also be earnestly involved with the difficulties of females, comfort and protection.
The UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) conducted the Global Study in 2015 in order to find out how resolution 1325 is applied in different parts of the world and highlight good practice examples, implementation gaps and challenges, as well as emerging trends and priorities for action. Estonia, as a dynamic supporter of un ladies in addition to quality 1325, supported the research economically and substantively. The outcomes regarding the worldwide Study can be obtained right here.